Stop Repossession Lawyer
Serving Albany & Saratoga Springs, NY
Debt collector harassment goes unpunished too often.
At Warner & Warner, PLLC we can help protect your consumer rights. If a debt collector has violated your rights, the collector should be held accountable, and you should have peace. We welcome you to get in touch with our stop repossession lawyer today for a free initial consultation. Keep in mind, if it is determined that the debt collector has violated your consumer rights, they will be required to pay, and our attorney services will come at no cost to you. In other words, when a debt collector harasses you, you don’t have to worry about paying attorney fees.
Are Your Consumer Rights Being Violated?
Sometimes, it seems like debt collectors will do or say anything to get what they want. Be sure to watch out for these common forms of harassment and consumer rights violations:
- Calling you at all hours of the day – from dawn until dusk – in an effort to wear you down.
- Wrongfully threatening legal action to get what they want.
- Using profanity or insults in an effort to upset you.
- Alerting your friends and relatives about your debts.
The debt collector’s goal is to make you feel frightened and trapped – so that you will agree to give them whatever they demand. While they may be aware of the laws they are supposed to abide by, they don’t expect you to know your consumer rights. Their goal is to manipulate you to get what they want by any means necessary. Even if their actions are illegal, they are counting on you not knowing the laws that protect you and you not contacting a lawyer. But if you are in the Albany or Saratoga Springs, NY area, our stop repossession lawyer is just a phone call and free consultation away. Let’s get in touch and discuss your consumer rights.
State and federal laws restrict what debt collectors can do.
Debt collectors cannot say or do anything they want to, as you have consumer rights. State and federal laws, including the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) prohibit debt collectors from calling you before 8:00 am or after 9:00 pm. Debt collectors cannot swear at you or insult you. A debt collector may not harass you at your place of employment. Debt collectors are also prohibited from using empty legal threats or pretending to have the legal authority to immediately garnish your wages or repossess your car. They also cannot tell other people about your debts without your permission.
Do any of these sound like problems you’ve been facing? Call us now.
- You have mostly stopped answering your phone in order to avoid debt collectors’ phone calls.
- You have mostly stopped opening your mail out of fear of seeing another collection notice.
- You are experiencing embarrassment after a debt collector told friends or family about a debt you owe.
- You are having trouble sleeping at night or are facing increased anxiety due to debt collectors’ frequent and/or abusive collection attempts.
How Hiring a Debt Relief Attorney Can Save You From Debt Collector Harassment
- Contact Agency: Debt relief attorneys can contact the collection agency that is harassing you and requests that they stop all communications with you. They can also request the verification of the debt.
- Review the Debt Verification: Your debt relief attorney can review the verification of debt to identify when the collection agency has insufficient proof that the debt is yours—which could result in your not owing the debt—and to determine other defenses you have to the underlying debt.
- Negotiate a Settlement: Debt relief attorneys can negotiate a settlement with the collection agency if the debt is legally yours.
- Threaten Legal Action: Debt relief attorneys can threaten legal action if the collection agency does not stop its illegal practices.
We hold debt collectors accountable for breaking the rules.
If any of the above sound like problems you’ve been facing, there is good news. At Warner & Warner, PLLC, our stop repossession lawyers are not afraid to stand up for our clients, protect their consumer rights, and put a stop to debt collector harassment! Please feel free to contact our bankruptcy law firm today to learn more about our process or to schedule a consultation. We’re proud to help individuals and families throughout Albany, Saratoga Springs, NY, and the surrounding areas.
The best part is that our services cost you nothing out-of-pocket. If your rights have been violated, the debt collector will be liable for any attorney fees and costs. Plus, the debt collector may be forced to pay you up to $2,000.00 for your pain, suffering, and/or inconvenience.
Call (518) 451-9388 to schedule your free consultation today!